Sunday, 2 November 2014

One Hundred Christmas Proposals by Holly Martin


Blurb:
The eagerly anticipated follow-up to One Hundred Proposals.
If you thought Harry and Suzie’s life couldn’t get anymore sweepingly romantic than Harry asking her to marry him at the end of One Hundred Proposals – think again!
It’s Christmas in a snow-kissed London, and the.PerfectProposal.com have vowed to carry out one hundred proposals in December. No easy task at the best of times – made even more complicated by Harry and Suzie trying to plan their first Christmas and a visit from the dreaded in-laws. But one hundred deliciously Christmassy proposals later they find themselves asking if everything is still perfect in their own relationship….
Welcome back to the divinely warm world of One Hundred Proposals – with a sprinkling of pure, joyful, festive magic.
Have yourself a very merry Christmas indeed with Holly Martin’s Christmas novella.
Thank you to Holly Martin for sending me a copy to review.
My Thoughts:
Stop whatever you are doing…………
Harry and Suzie are back.
And along with them comes extra doses of romance, I mean big gushy swoon worthy proposals that will have you saying awww, whilst scribbling the idea in a notebook ready to hand out to Mr/Miss Right.
I’ve always thought I wouldn’t want a big proposal but with every proposal that Holly Martin describes I find myself falling for the romance of it all.
I love the idea of a flash mob proposal or a Harry Potter one, the truth is that Martin describes these events with so much love and romance that even the most cynical amongst us will start to believe in love.
As much as I loved One Hundred Proposals for bringing Harry and Suzie into my life, I find the magic of Christmas has made this novella a favourite with me.
In fact before writing this review I have read it three times and the main reason for this is, that this is a book that really does lighten your mood and warm your heart
I didn’t think it was possible but I fell even more in love with the characters
Harry is as lovable as ever and it’s clear to see that he is head over heels in love with Suzie.
The couple are blissfully happy and with their happiness comes some incredible proposals.
The only downside of their job is that nearly all their time is spent planning proposals and now Suzie is starting to wonder if they will ever get round to planning their wedding.
Then to add to the pandemonium Christmas is looming, Harry is acting strange, Badger has an announcement and Suzie’s parents are planning a visit.
I loved the fact that we got to meet Suzie’s parents, (although we were introduced to them via phonecalls in One Hundred Proposals) they certainly leave a lasting impression.
I love her dad and the closeness that he and Suzie share.
This wonderful novella shares so much with us.
We have the incredible love story that is Harry and Suzie, the drama that is the visit from her parents and to top it all off we are also reunited with Badger and Jules.
Oh I do love Badger and Jules, I hope that we will get their story. I beg you Holly to write their story, the chance to discover more about them would be a real treat.
I also think Jules has the best way of coping with stress, anyone for more cake?
The truth is I could go on and on about this story but I need to remember it’s a novella and that you all will read it, because let’s face it, you would be silly not to. For this is a story full of happiness, magic and romance.
A true winter warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment