Friday, 3 October 2014

The Prophecies by Holly Martin

Blurb:

The world is a big place, will Eve really be the one to save it?
Eve grows stronger and more powerful every day as she strives to ensure she is ready to face her destiny. But some of her gifts are unwelcome.  Eve's visions of the future become darker and those she loves are in terrible danger. But when her actions result in tragedy, Eve is called before The Oraculum, the council that created her
When she is summoned to their castle she becomes aware of a rift between the council members that not only could endanger her life, but could put the whole planet at risk. Would The Oraculum really turn against her and risk everything?
But in the darkness, a light burns bright. Her love for Seth is stronger than any of her powers.
But as she battles against a new threat, can she really forsake those closest to her in order to save the world?  Will everyone Eve loves survive?

                                       

My Thoughts:

I wonder if the dictionary has the right words to describe the works of Holly Martin.
Following The Sentinel I was left in awe, The Guestbook left me astounded and not long after I was left amazed by One Hundred Proposals, now I find myself longing for more after reading The Prophecies.
There really is no doubt in my mind that Holly Martin is a phenomenal writer!
The Prophecies reunites us with Eve, her guardians and the rest of the gang. I never realised just how much I had missed them all until I found myself back at the fort, watching Seth take Eve in his arms and declare his love 
The Prophecies is without a doubt a fabulous fantasy read but it's also more than that, it is a love story. A love that's so strong, we find Eve can pull her soulmate to her without even realising it, which proves that the heart wants what the heart wants.  
I love the relationship that Eve has with Seth, it is heartwarming and swoon worthy, but it is the friendship and connection which she has with Lucas that intrigues me, their deep rooted connection is incredibly strong and I can't help questioning, why?
I love Lucas, it seems with every instalment my feelings for him grow. But I still have a soft spot for Eli and Quinn. There is no denying that Eve is blessed with wonderful guardians and friends. Something that she really needs now that she is ever present on the Oraculeams radar. This turn of events certainly makes for some fast paced pages.
But I'm sorry Guardians, my absolute favourite character has to be Thor, I'm not telling you anymore about Thor, you have to READ IT AND SEE! 
Thor is just another reason why I find myself gushing over the creative genius that is Holly Martin. Her ability to conjure up a fantasy world that combines so many unknown types of people just captivates my imagination. I long for the day when I can see this on the big screen to have her vision played out would be a prophecy come to life.  
A spellbinding read that will capture the imagination, warm the heart and leave you begging for more! 




No comments:

Post a Comment